Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm On The Right Path To Who I'm Gonna Be At Last

After running into 9th at the Highline show last Tuesday, I decided it was necessary to attend the Jean Grae in-store he'd be performing at on the following day...
In the PictoBrowser below, click the tabs to view my photos from Fat Beats:



They were there to promote the Jeanius album's re-release(s), and it felt really good to be among hip hop heads. I've said it before; Jean Grae is not only the best female MC in the industry, but she's up there with most males who rhyme as well. I felt horrible for missing her 11/30 Highline show, so I couldn't skip this intimate performance.



Footy via AnalectsBlog

They have more great footage on the Fat Beats blog, so if you want to see Jean performing alongside Talib Kweli and 9th, I suggested you go there. They were both signing albums after, but the line was crazy long, so I'll just support via Amazon- as you should. Thanks to Ls and Cani8a for coming with me!

That same night, 
10.Deep hosted their holiday party at Element...

KiD CuDi throwing me a deuce...
Disappointed at first, I'm now kind of glad the flash wasn't on.
Ahhh, con flash. Much better.
He ended up performing at the party too...
Hollywood Holt was hammer-, uh, having fun. (I'm not a fan.)
But how adorable are these three?!?...
Asher Roth in attendence...
Thanks to Boz y Brenda for the bracelets :)

"Dont Rush Me":

3 comments:

YE Love said...

Nice post... love the pics especially the side bar one with 9th... you always have a way of making me feel like i was there :-)

Simply_SB said...

haha i love Cudi...oh you know that already :)

bee said...

yw! it was funnn- must do it again :)