Thursday, November 1, 2007

Brooklyn's Finest

Alright, alriiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

The new Hov album is pretty solid... I'm with the soulful beats, his lyricism, and most importantly, the flow that he has (thankfully) rediscovered.
American Gangster is the follow-up to Kingdom Come that was equally as necessary as The Black Album was to The Blueprint 2.
AND! Now Kanye finally has his pass to participate in Jay's next retirement concert... yelling in the background of Roc Boys! I can see him running around on stage already: "WE IN THE HOOOOOOOOUUUSE"

*UPDATE: Look, it's just like I said!

Favorite tracks are American Dreamin', Sweet, Fallin' and Say Hello. These are all, of course, subject to change. Also, I wasn't the biggest fan of the video for Blue Magic, but the Roc Boys video is fire. And Eskay's right... they went IN.

I read this article in the LA Times and found some of what Jay said to be pretty interesting:
None of the emotions are current emotions. I mean, success is, because that's the thing that I've dealt with, but none of the songs are currently how I feel now. . . . It's like writing a book, going back to all these things, these emotions that I thought were buried. Because as a person you grow and you add layers on who you become. So I never thought that I would get back to that place.
I guarentee that most of his critics will argue that this album is another display of arrogance. True... but considering the quote above, it's really just him revisiting his past, and back then, he was the asshole we all loved. Can he live?

No comments: