Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Mental Plane... To Spark The Brain


Since Liquid Swords is somewhere on my Top 10 list, the rumor of Gza performing the whole album as a full set had me drawn to the Knitting Factory last night. With an appreciative guest on my arm, I was taken back in time to an era of hip hop where both beats and verbals were essential to an emcee's survival. "Wu-Tang is relevant, motherfucker!" shouted Gza, taking time out between songs to examine his audience and point out that the 14 year-olds in the front knew every single word. I'm so glad I went.


After the show, I saw this wall downtown and had to take these photos. Many thanks to my model...I really am the kid from American Beauty... SMH.


But this wasn't the only show I went to this week... 3 nights out of 5, I was getting my industry on, something I haven't had energy to do in a while!

Tuesday night, British beauty Estelle tore down SOBs. I wasn't fully convinced until I saw it for myself, but her one-two punch of star power and swag is pretty lethal.



The night after Estelle, Bozworth and I went to see Matthew Santos and Goapele (pronounced GUAP-el-lay for those of you who struggle with the English language).

She looked ridiculously fierce and sounded even better:




AND IN IMPORTANT NON-MUSIC NEWS...

They dragged us kicking and screaming, but our spoiled and ignorant child of a country finally said "yes" to an environmental agreement called the Bali Roadmap. High five.

No comments: