Monday, October 6, 2008

It's So Real... How I Feel...

I posted about Chester French back in May, so when I heard they were opening for N*E*R*D and Common, I knew it was going to be a long, amazing night. Recently upstreamed from StarTrak to Interscope, watch them perform their dirty single "She Loves Everybody":

"She craves affection, so I use protection."
Motown meets Pop, and he yells "oww!" - so naturally, Zilla approves.
A man with a tambourine? *swoon*
How can you ignore guys whose CD single comes in faux Trojan packaging?
Do yourself a favor and listen to it HERE.

N*E*R*D came on next, and when they performed 3 ill songs in a row, I didn't have the heart to stop recording! As a result, the clip below is almost 12 minutes long, and since you can't upload more than 10 minutes onto Youtube (didn't know that until now), I used Vimeo...

Of course, they had to intro "Sooner Or Later" by mentioning the economy. SMH.

After those songs, Pharrell gave the crowd a brief N*E*R*D history lesson: Apparently, it was initially Diddy's suggestion to start a group- and thus, the hip hop/rock hybrid was born. After saluting Puff, Pharrell then tipped his fitted to Hot 97's programming director, Ebro. Watch:

Nice of them to also biggup the fans... it was clearly appreciated. And BTW, did you catch him say that "Lapdance" was motivated by George Bush being in the white house? I did.

Although N*E*R*D was definitely the highlight of the show,
 Common did his thing too.
Watch the clip below to see him perform "Universal Mind Control," "Get Em High," "Drive Me Wild," and "I Want You," in that order:

Oh, one last thing...

In case you missed VH1's Hip Hop Honors tonight,
you can still watch the full show... HERE. xo

No comments: