Sunday, November 2, 2008

I'd Make You Call Out My Name... I'd Ask Who It Belongs To

Saturday night, I had the privilege of seeing Janet Jackson perform at The Garden. Without the support of an opening act, she hit the stage at 8:45 and danced her ass off for over two hours...






Thanks to Ls for hooking it up!

I must have been around 6 or 7 when I first saw Janet perform "Black Cat" on TV, and I'm certain it had a profound impact on my impressionable sponge of a brain. Of course, her brother Michael had already won my heart by that time, so I'm sure it didn't hurt that her song shared his sound a little bit. But now, to see her perform it live, and follow it up with what's probably my favorite Janet song ever?!
Priceless.

Performing "Black Cat" and "If."
The pyro scared the crap out of me! Go HERE if you want more.

In almost thirty years of reinventing herself, this woman has more hits than we can count. Listening to her music in elementary school, high school, and now- the strength of those records doesn't seem to be fading. For example...

"That's The Way Love Goes"

"What's It Gonna Be?" f. Busta Rhymes


"If"


"You Want This"


"Got 'Til It's Gone" f. Q-Tip

...Just to name a few.

And speaking of Q-Tip, I saw The Renaissance Man tape Soul Stage last week...
His album drops Tuesday, the 4th. Election day.

1 comment:

YE Love said...

OMG!!! I love the Janet Jackson videos idea. BRILLIANT!!!