Friday, November 14, 2008

Wipe Your Feet Really Good On The Rhythm Rug


After seeing Lykke Li perform A Tribe Called Quest classic "Can I Kick It" at two of her shows, I had been wondering if Q-Tip even knew who she was. And if he did, would he feel her sound? Both questions were answered on Tuesday when Tip surprised the audience at MTVU's Woodie Awards, and joined Lykke on stage to perform his group's song, duet style. The look on his face was priceless; it was obvious that he was extremely taken with her stage presence. And apparently, Q-Tip is one of her favorite artists, so she, too, was blown away to be performing with him. I didn't bring my good camera, but Zimbio posted photos - this one is my favorite:

For so many reasons, I want to know whose idea this was. The label, or MTVU?

Overall, I thought the show was really well done: From Q-Tip, to Emmanuel Jal, to Asher Roth, to Spank Rock- all the performers and presenters seemed relevant to me. Until the show goes live on the 19th, you can peek at these photos:

SPIN did a bang-up job summarizing the show- read about it HERE.
I'll upload my footage after it airs.

No comments: