Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Clock Went Back From 3, to 2, to 1...

2008 is HERE.
But before I could fully acknowledge that fact, I needed to first reminisce on 2007.
This past year was pretty real...
I learned a lot, saw a lot, experienced many "firsts"...
Below is my last minute effort to recap the year:

MUSIC CATEGORIES

BEST CONCERT:
The Scream Tour at MSG (only because Jay, Ye, Puff and 50 were all on stage at the same time... let's not attribute it to Ciara's not-so-groundbreaking performance) Honorable Mention: Weezy at the Beacon Theater and Rock The Bells

BEST ALBUM:
Amy Winehouse "Back To Black"
Honorable Mention: Robin Thicke "The Evolution of Robin Thicke," Kanye West "Graduation," and Lupe Fiasco "The Cool"

BEST MIXTAPE:

Lil Wayne- The Drought is Over 2 (The Carter 3 Sessions)
Honorable Mention: Jim Jones- Harlem's American Gangster

BEST SONG (For all walks of life):
Mark Ronson "Stop Me"
50 Cent "I Get Money"
Jowell Y Randy "No Te Veo"
Fall Out Boy "This Ain't a Scene"

WORST SONG:

Colbie Callait "Bubbly"... that shit kills me! I had to leave a store the other day when it came on, smh.

SONG I HATED BUT ENDED UP LOVING:

Lil Boosie, Webbie and Foxx "Wipe Me Down"

BEST VIDEO:
Kanye West (Dir: Hype Williams) Stronger, because it's based on one of my favorite movies, Akira
LIFE CATEGORIES


BEST PARTY:

Vincenza's Birthday on the Dream Hotel rooftop
Honorable Mention: BET Awards After Party in LA

BEST MOVIE:

300 on Imax
SO GLAD I MET:
Ms. Ventura (AKA Bozworth)

DRINKING BUDDY OF THE YEAR:

Milly, my personal bartender... it may not have been often, but when it was on, it was on!

HIGH POINT OF THE YEAR:

Running in Fort Tryon park during the Spring and Fall *sigh*

LOW POINT OF THE YEAR:

The week of 9/24
MOST AMAZING SPORTING EVENT TO BE AT:
Game 3 of the ALDS, Yankees vs. Cleveland... field level seats

BEST HOLIDAY:
Cinco de Mayo

BEST RESTAURANT:

La Esquina... yummmm

BEST DECISION MADE THIS YEAR:
To finally start a blog :)
Honorable Mention: (1) Deciding to watch all episodes of The Wire that I had never seen AND (2) getting a real camera to start taking photos again

TV SHOW OF THE YEAR:
Weeds on HBO and Damages on FX

MOST LOYAL FRIEND:
Mr. Russell

SOMETHING IMPORTANT THAT 2007 TAUGHT ME:
I need art and creativity in my everyday life

So that's all folks!
Take a deep breath and enjoy each day... before we know it, another year will have passed, and we'll be reflecting yet again.  xo

1 comment:

Simply_SB said...

ohhhhh woweeeeee i think i feel a tear swelling up in my eye...welling up in my eye? lol ugh whatever the tear is forming in my eye i heart you too raps!