Saturday, January 5, 2008

Cool For Thought

Obama defeated Edwards and Hillary in Iowa...
I don't mean to frown upon a good thing, sound surprised OR be naive, but can I ask if maybe voters are more SEXIST than they are RACIST when it comes to choosing a leader?  Could it be?!?  LOL.  Disregarding the candidates' campaign platforms and strategies for a moment: you've got a black man, a white man, and a white woman.  This is a democratic country, but we are definitely not without male-dominating principles, especially when it comes to positions of power!  I'm aware that this argument can be heavily debated, but just admit: We think Hillary in the White House, and in turn, we think Bill.  Just asking, anyhow.

If you want more election info, go here... I found it helpful.


Kanye started blogging again :)
I have to admit that I was relieved and happy when I saw his return to the blogosphere.  After the passing of his mother, his blogs stopped abruptly; a pause that lasted nearly two months.  Like I brought up in my first post ever, death really makes you re-assess your priorities in life.


Hov's Apple deal? Is this really real?



Female Pakistani Prime Minister Assassinated?
Learn why she's important here.


Apparently we're too stupid as a society to listen to music and understand what it means... 
We now need visual references to explain what an artist is talking about within their videos.  I'm not complaining though!... I've held the belief that people are mindless sheep and that music and television are the vehicles for social change for years now:

Ice Cube's new video Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It reminds me a lot of Matchbox Twenty's Look How Far We've Come.  Watch them both, it's worth it:


Alright... I think I'll get off my soap box now.  Enjoy the weekend! xo

No comments: