Thursday, May 22, 2008

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things


As if Saigon triumphantly leaving Atlantic wasn't good enough news, I just heard Kenna's remix for "Say Goodbye to Love" featuring the one and only, Mr. Lupe Fiasco. 

Umm, they're like two of my favorite boys...

That's like if MGMT did a song with Kanye, or if Gnarls had a remix with Wayne. Fiona Apple and Robin Thicke. Amy Winehouse and RZA. Lloyd and Jean Grae. Governor and Duffy.


featuring Lupe Fiasco


And in case you ignored the link above, trust me that taking the time to read 
Saigon's words 
is truly worth while, and I highly recommend doing so.

"Goodbye Atlantic Records, I dont know if it was systematic racism or the fact they didnt think they could break an artist with validity in his music who cares about the future of black children, but I guess we'll never know will we.....................???????????? So now you know why Ive been quiet the past year.. Ive been in battle with these people, and I WON."

No comments: