Monday, September 29, 2008

Forget My Money, I'm Comin' For All Your Ki's

State Property reunited to perform at SOBs last week. 

Beans...
Free...
Young Chris (oww)...
Omillio Sparks...
Peedi Crakk!
A family, together on stage. Cue Peaches & Herb.

Steele from Smif-n-Wessun appreciated the reunion...
... and the reunion appreciated him back!
Manlove.

Speaking of which, thanks to Jenn for coming with me to a show that had a male/female ratio of 47/1 (including Charlie B-More lurking in the shadows) -yikes!




I know it's off a Jay record, but one of my favorite moments during the evening was when Free did his verse from "1-900-Hustler." 

I remember where I was when I first heard that verse, and at the time, it temporarily set my world on fire. Seeing him perform it right in front of my face automatically clicked something ON in my brain, sending me back in time to remember that specific period in high school.

Walk with me. Watch the clip below...





And with a solid bill, the AllHipHop.com show spared no expense for opening acts...

Skyzoo was one of many artists to open up for State Property.
E.rick and P.arrish M.akin' D.ollars also performed...
(E.P.M.D.)
 and Keith Murray made an appearance:
...he looked happy to be home.

  Ya Boy, Jeru The Damaja, Stimuli, Nicki Minaj, Alchemist, Craig G., Nina B., and Guru were also at the event.

Beanie's smiling. Thanks to Manny for the photo-opp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the energy in there was exciting, Zilla. It was also great to be reunited with you! The only thing that I was kind of disappointed in was that it seemed as though every new artist on the "come up" has a platform which consists of guns / selling crack / and i will shoot you if you smudge my puma. Skyzoo held a great balance, and I appreciated Stimulus as well. Nina B, great marketing, but eh... LOL just my opinion.