Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Don't Lose Your Selfish Ways Over Me

Lykke Li was compelling the first time I saw her - at Bowery in May. But Thursday night, she enchanted the entire room at Le Poisson Rouge, proving to her US label and all the New York snobs that yes, she has arrived.





Black spandex + Tights + Belt + Loose shirt = SWAG


Watch her perform Vampire Weekend's "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa,"
and then blend it with her song, "Dance Dance Dance"...
This isn't my footage, but you need to see it:

I wanted to demonstrate how much she moves...




Performing "Window Blues"

How insane is her band? How insane is that drumming?!
These three shots were taken during that song as well...
Un, Deux, Trois...
Quatre, Cinq, Six...

Performing "Breaking It Up"

I found a good summary of the show HERE in case you want more. And Fader had an article on her in their June issue- learn about it HERE.

Whatever you do, just trust me...
Lykke Li is that ISH.
And I think she proved it on Conan O'Brien:

No comments: