Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pray For My Little Toy Gun



Kiefer Sutherland's label Ironworks shares a group called HoneyHoney with Universal Republic. Their video for "Little Toy Gun" is not only entertaining, but the song itself is fun and deserves some shine. The video isn't posted anywhere yet, but you can listen to the song HERE.




Also on Ironworks, pop-rockish band Lifehouse returns with a solid video. "Broken" is a powerful song on it's own, but the intensity of the visual (directed by Kiefer!) only enhances that strength. This might be the video that takes them from their previous "Hanging On A Moment"/"You And Me" radio-hit fame, and catapults them to a new level of legitimacy...




Snow Patrol's new album A Hundred Million Suns is out on 10/27. Their single, "Take Back The City" grows on me more with each listen, but admittedly, there's a song called "The Golden Floor" that I heard off the new album, and OMG, I can't wait to have it leak so that I can post it!




My tolerance for oddities is pretty brolic, but Sia's aesthetics are a bit strange- even for my tastes. Still, her video for "Soon We'll Be Found" is uber-creative, and it's honestly unfortunate that more people don't know about her. Her voice is unique, and the song will prove that:


Anytime I see a violin, I'm sold! The Airborne Toxic Event came in to perform, and their single "Sometime Around Midnight" is the perfect example of a "builder" song... steadily building for 2-3 minutes, and then sonically exploding toward the end. Even though Pitchfork destroyed them, Zilla thinks you should please listen/watch...
"You know that she'll break you in two."

Friendly Fires are an incredible new find, and I think their coolness will speak for itself. They're opening for Lykke Li in October, and my ass already has a ticket! Watch "Jump In The Pool" below:


And lastly, the immensely talented 
Justin Nozuka 
performed on Kimmel last week.
It's obvious to me that he was nervous in the clip, but I've seen him live and he doesn't hold back vocally. Can't wait for his show on Monday :)

No comments: