Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gettin' Out My Dreams...


Terrence Howard, 
now a singer-songwriter, performed at Joe's Pub last Thursday...

Here he is, first telling the story behind the song, and then singing 
"Love Makes You Beautiful":

I was lucky enough to have great company for the show, and frankly, Terry's not bad. He sold Milly, and that's hard to do!


But last night was another kind of evening...
 Big Sean, KiD CuDi, and Consequence were on the bill, and 88 Keys, Termanology, and Mickey Factz all stopped by The Knitting Factory. I had never seen Mickey perform, and I have to admit, he goes innnn.

Here's CuDi performing "Is There Any Love"...

I wasn't going to record anything until I got a better camera, but I thought Wale was going to surface here and do his verse. No such luck :( In any event, the visual might not be the best, but the audio never does me wrong... you can really hear him (at the end) singing! The dude is trying to transition from rapper to rapper/vocalist- and Zilla thinks he might win.

After I left, Kanye and Q-Tip came out, and things got crazy in the itty-bitty Knitting Factory. It was clearly a good night for G.O.O.D. Music.

(Kanye footage from Subconscious Threads)

No comments: