Friday, September 19, 2008

You Can See The Weakness Of A Man Right Through His Iris

Five shows in the past week. FIVE! I'm not even ambitious, I just couldn't bring myself to skip any of them! For instance...

Last Friday was Gza at Irving Plaza.
Performing "Labels," lol. Watch to the end, and you'll see how serious Wu fans are.
Speaking of being a fan, I bought my tickets for this show, and when I saw Rza come out to spit his "4th Chamber" verse, it seemed like the best purchase of my life. I loved him before, but he's got arms now?!:

A decade later, they sell out shows and keep crowds more amped than most current artists.


Wednesday was Jazmine Sullivan at Knitting Factory for her first NYC showcase.
She performed 5 songs, 4 of which I got on video.... You can watch them HERE until I upload the audio to a playlist. Notice how much better she sounds in the balled? Album out on RCA next week, 9/23.


Thursday was Bloc Party at Roseland Ballroom.
Performing "Song For Clay" (off A Weekend In The City) and "Banquet" (off Silent Alarm):

They transition so well! My cousin and I had a great time overall, and running into tons of old friends made it even sweeter.

Santogold is tonight, so stay tuned...

No comments: