Saturday, February 2, 2008

Licensed To ILL

There was a point in college when I considered (1) getting a marketing degree to (2) potentially try to work in advertising. It's probably ill ad campaigns like this from Disney that ignite that creative spark in me.
(Photographed by Annie Leibovitz):

Beyonce, Lyle Lovett and Oliver Platt depict Alice in Wonderland

Scarlett Johansson as Cinderella

It behooves me to point out that Disney broke from tradition and chose an African American to portray Alice. Also, in the Pocahontas ad, the Native American princess is represented by a white actress.
zILLa approves!
Don't miss the other Disney ads with Jessica Biel, J. Lo, Marc Anthony, Rachel Weisz, David Beckham, Giselle Bundchen, Tina Fey, Julie Andrews, Roger Federer and Whoopi Goldberg.


In music news, artist Janelle Monae killed it at the Bad Boy showcase at Spotlight Live on Tuesday night. Between her ill dancing skills, her ill singing skills and her ill tuxedo skills, she's a STAR. And I totally dig her androgynous swag! (pause?)


Also, I met Vinyl Richie at Atlantic, but I had know idea the consultant/DJ was so ill with a rubik's cube!
LOL at him posting the triumphant video on Myspace, but I give credit where credit is due! Gosh, I just love the YouTube age.


And! Just for a healthy dose of TRUTH and giggles, here's another ad I found that is ill enough to belong up here today:

Good job 3M. As if I didn't love Post-its already, you certainly made the product relatable to potential consumers ;)

No comments: