Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Take Me In Vein

I saw the new Jay video for "I Know" in the meeting on Monday, but slept on writing about it for some reason. Boz beat me to it, but you know I need to put my 2 cents in too ;) First of all, Def Jam is bringing it with these conceptual videos, man! Kanyeezy, and now this?


Since "I Know" is about addiction, the video was executed perfectly to coincide with the dark theme. You see the separate lives of 4 girls played by only 1 chick (Lenny Kravitz's daughter, Zoe). Having her play them all makes such symbolic sense... At the end of the day, all 4 characters are fundamentally the same; feinding for their fix. Dopeness, I tell you.


My addiction, The Wire, is almost over:( Check out the boys who play Kenard and Bug discussing Omar's death and being on one of the best shows ever:



Many thanks to Mjeema for the link!


And lastly, for pure comedy sake (and because I love weaving my posts together), I had to post this "footage" I shot. F Deez's recent addiction - using the T-Pain effect - had the crew getting their creative on a few weeks ago. Below, listen to Rory M. Goldstein do his best Max B in F Deez's studio/closet, pre audio-edit. His pitch changes are effing genius.



I'm your physician. I'm your addiction.
XO

1 comment:

Jsmiles said...

I miss Frank and Stephen...that was a funny clip! I can only imagine.