Sunday, February 17, 2008

Little Miss Sunshine/Rihanna Where You At?

This interesting photo of Jay and Rihanna was taken at LA Reid's Grammy party: 


Yes, I noticed they may have been flirting on stage during Rihanna's grammy win, but that wasn't what stuck in my mind. Jay interrupting her speech did, and although it was cute to a degree, it was also in very bad taste.

I'm saying... 
Let's imagine that you just won a grammy...
You get up in front of America to speak, and then your boss/mentor decides he's going to give your speech for you. But instead of, say, praising you, it's more like he's making fun of you... in front of all these people. Would you be a little salty?

"The fact that most women missed the boat on the Jay Z spectacle on stage - and instead chose to gossip about a friendly hug, proves the mentality of most women in our culture... The scandal was not in the hug, the true scandal was in the disgraceful way that Jay Z (a grown man who should have known better) disrespected a 19-year-old woman on national TV." -Sandra Rose

Some of the ladies who commented on Sandra's post were very angry, so I can't say I agree with everything said, but I did share the her same observations when I initially saw the Grammys last Sunday.

No comments: