Monday, February 11, 2008

Me Against The World

So this man rings my doorbell a few hours ago. 
I hear him talking to one of my neighbors, so I check the peephole (he looked like a politician), and crack the door open to see what he wants.
Now that I see him closer, he's a little sinister-looking.
Pale. Red eyes. Light gray hair.
Older... not young. He's selling security systems.

"There have been a lot of burglaries in the building," he tells me. Do I want to hear about the systems he can install? 
"No, thank you," I tell him politely, moving to close the door.
"Oh," he says calmly and assuredly, "Take my card! You're just not ready."

I thought he looked sinister at first glance, but after he basically told me I'd be calling him soon (since I'm going to get robbed!), I was certain that I was looking into the eyes of Satan. 
Not literally, of course; Satan wasn't actually at my door. But can you believe it? This guy really gets off on making people afraid - it's his business! I think that's why he set my creep-o-meter off so loud... his whole intention was to make me nervous. Sure, I've thought about what might happen if the apartment got burglarized, but I'm not going to let a little fear drive me crazy! This is life, anything can happen at any moment.

What a douche.
"Have a nice night," I told him, and I closed the door.

No comments: