Thursday, February 28, 2008

Say Goodbye To Love

The other day, Verse told me he doubts I've ever cried over a guy.

"I just don't see it," he said... trying to claim that I have an "oh well," keep-it-moving attitude when it comes to failed relationships. I haven't seen the movie, but he also said I was like Juno - whatever that means. Wasn't it about pregnancy and her wanting to give the baby up for adoption? WTF.

I didn't correct him in that moment, but he's definitely wrong. I mean, what am I, a robot?!? Not that I crumble for each gentleman that comes along, but I admit there have been a few (rare) savages who've made me momentarily lose my cool. If I appear tough on the outside, it's really only because I'm secretly a poptart (see: 50 Cent). Buried deep, deep, deep inside the layers of frosting armor that I wear, there is a tiny, hidden, gooey part of Zilla that I hardly ever let see the light of day. And since most guys I encounter don't deserve to be taken seriously anyway, it's more natural for me to coldly stand my ground than it is to put myself in the toaster.

It's so fitting that my BOO Kenna performed "Say Goodbye To Love" on Letterman last night (with Pharrell and Chad). There's a small chance that I have a crush on him...



Okay, I admit it, I'm probably in love with him. But I'd never tell him ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never cared for Poptarts. It’s like you can never have em the way you want em. They are either too cold or too hot. Even when I snatch one out of the cabinet I always think to myself, “Man I wish this was hot.” Its funny becuz the only time I grab a cold one is because its convenient and I don’t feel like or have time to heat it up. And even when you go to heat em up its like the inside always gets too hot and burn you mouths which makes me hate em and not want em anymore.

-CHUM

Jsmiles said...

okay so even though I'm not in love with Kenna yet, I do believe I feel a crush coming on!! lol...