Friday, April 11, 2008

I'm Sure They'll Have a Place For You Too

I saw a great show at Highline last week...
Thanks to that ATL shawty, Mr. Jones, for the company :)



She really brought the energy during "Creator"...



I need to hear more of the music before I give my full seal of approval, but her beats are definitely nuts and she comes off pretty organic on stage.





"Crazy" (off St. Elsewhere) proves how talented CeeLo is:



His voice is just as amazing live as it is on the record. Hands down - one of the best male vocalists of our time.


"A Little Better" (off The Odd Couple) is one of my theme songs:


"I've got a heart made of gold in me!"
Word?? Me too.


"Run" (off The Odd Couple):


I think that clip proves he's a rock star at heart :)


"Going On" (off The Odd Couple) is currently my favorite track on the album:


I highly recommend reading the lyrics.
And watching my favorite music savant - Danger Mouse - mechanically bop his head to the beat? It's just mesmerizing.



And I'm mega late with posting this since I saw her the week before last at The Blender Theater showcase, but it's whatever... enjoy!

JANELLE MONAE

"Smile" shows Janelle's softer, less alien/robot side:




And based on the introduction he gave her, I'd say Diddy is clearly a believer:



That, or he's a washed used car salesman, clinging to talent outside his wheelhouse, solely to preserve his relevance in the industry. Either way - at least my girl is getting some shine!


xoxoxo

No comments: