Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Little Bit In Love With You


I was introduced to Swedish artist Lykke Li this week.
Her song and video for "Little Bit" are sick:


I love it!!! 

Also, I was educated by an important Barack Obama update. Both Lykke Li and the article are thanks to the "pixie" running shit over at These Grand Things.



After reading about how MGMT's "Time To Pretend" video was partly inspired by Alexandro Jodorowsky's film The Holy Mountain, I was forced to Netflix it. 6 of us sat down to watch it, and by the end, only 3 remained. The screenshot below is from a scene in the movie that is reenacted in their video. 

While watching this chaotic cult classic, I noticed that certain paint-squirting techniques used reminded me of another music video I've seen:

In this restoration clip of the movie, you can see the technique at :18 and :45 seconds in. Beyond those, there are many more direct reenactments of the film executed in her video. I wonder how well MGMT & Santi "Santagold" White know each other since they all went to Wesleyan. I have this image in my head of the 3 of them watching The Holy Mountain together in college.
(Photo from Brooklyn Vegan)




And lastly, how fiery is this Usher/Chris Brown "Kiss Kiss/In This Club" mash-up?


The transitions are mean...
I'm a.little bit.in love.with it.


2 comments:

Sara said...

i'm a pixie!!!

love the chris/usher mash

i have to check out the holy mountain, though seeing as it cleared your house, i'll let it sit for a minute

Simply_SB said...

A Little Bit In Love----BRILLIANT