Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Vuoi Qualcosa Di Più Facile

I discovered Tiziano Ferro when I was studying abroad in Italy, and outside of loving his music, it actually helped me to learn the language a lot faster. I've been wanting to post his videos for about a week now, but I didn't find an excuse to do so until today.
I first heard his song 
"Sere Nere" (Black Nights) 
on the radio as I'd wander through Florence shops.


"Sere Nere" is a beautiful record. 
He misses someone he loves, and the words he uses to express that loss are brilliant. I didn't know it at the time, but it was a single off his second album, 
Cento Undici (111). 

After getting acquainted with the music, I saw him on TV and was 
immediately smitten.



"Ti Voglio Bene" (I Care For You) 
was the next single, and I still remember seeing the video for the first time in my favorite bar... 

"Vorrei ringraziarti, vorrei stringerti alla gola..." 
MEANING
"I want to thank you, I want to strangle you"...
...Tiziano is clearly torn. I always interpreted the song as him being upset with a friend or lover who had done him dirty, but for some reason, he remains loyal and can't stop caring for that person. Unfortunately, the process is painful- hence the bruises he gets on his face throughout the video.


After hearing those singles, 
I back-peddled and got his first album, 
Rosso Relativo.
Many of the songs caught my ear and remained in my head after only one listen, including the title track...
LISTEN: 
It's not hip hop, but his flow is berserk.



"Le Cose Che Non Dici" (Things That You Don't Say)
Don't judge him or write him off because he's hot! 
The hook really sold me on this one... "Ma nessuno le vedrà!"

"Imbranato" (Clumsy)
He did it before Fergie! In this song, Tiziano's confessing his strong feelings for someone. He admits that although it may be too soon, he can't keep his emotions quiet- even if it means embarrassing himself in the process. I LOVE him.

Now that I got that out of my system, I have to thank Erica, my roommate in Florence, for inspiring this post. She works at Topps, and sometimes she sends around hilarious photos of herself with the athletes they shoot. She's pretty tiny, so obviously, her standing next to NBA Rookie Roy Hibbert is nothing short of hilarious:
Similarly to Erica, I also have a photo with an athlete named Roy.
But this one plays in the NFL, and happens to share my birthday...

I found that out when he asked me to do his birth chart.

1 comment:

Simply_SB said...

awww i didnt know you and Roy shared bdayssss!!! LOL