Sunday, August 17, 2008

You'll Be The Rhythm, And I'll Be The Beat

Lykke Li's album Youth Novels drops this Tuesday.
I highly recommend it. Just listen to the intro track:

I had never heard it before... I love her.
And for a bonus, here's her performing "Window Blues,"
the record that anchors the album, at SXSW:




I found this Lupe clip on Busy's Blog. Having a little fun with "Hi Hater"...



I never knew him that well, but seeing stuff like that makes me miss working on artist projects. And I initially saw this next one months ago, but watching Lupe get his gold plaque at Atlantic makes me reminisce a little...



Lastly, Epic had a showcase for new Australian artist Lenka on Thursday.
It was at Dylan's Candy Bar, on my birthday - amazing.
Lenka is innocent and hot at the same time, and I like the music a lot.
Not my fave track, but maybe you've heard "The Show" in this Old Navy ad?:


If you go to her Myspace page, listen to "Trouble Is A Friend."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lenka & Lykee -- hee hee!

Hey I know of another awesome new female artist with a fun name -- it's MEIKO (MEE-ko) -- you can check her out at http://www.myspace.com/meiko

I just bought her album on iTunes - it's sooooo good!