Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Camouflaged Torahs, Bibles and Glorious Qurans

Congratulations to Barack Obama for winning the Democratic nomination! He's smart, articulate, and (I hope!) sincere in all his plans to better this wounded nation. Not that this isn't historical already, but if he and Hillary team-up, it will be an extremely unprecedented event in time. And if he chooses someone else, I hope that person is equally qualified for the job as the former first lady is. At any rate, watch Obama's speech below:


All this diversity makes me really happy.
It's 2008 people! And it's about damn time.

Speaking to that, I came across Angelina Jolie's interview in this month's Vanity Fair and was honestly blown away by her candor. In addition to being emotionally intelligent, I'd say she's pretty down-to-earth and open-minded when it comes to how she's raising her children.
Read this excerpt about how she’s exposing them to different religions:
“[My mother] was Catholic but also a child of the 60s. She stopped going to confession at one point because she was having sex before marriage. To me, she represented what religion should be. She never preached. If things didn’t make sense to her, she never just accepted it. I had Communion, but she never forced me to go to church. Brad got me this great thing for Christmas. It’s a bookshelf that has a book on every religion. That’s how we plan to raise our kids. Teach them about all religions. They can pick one or be a student of all of them. We’ll celebrate Kwanzaa for our girl. We’ll celebrate moon and water festivals for our boys. We’ll take them to temples in certain countries. Also to church.”
Reminds me of how I was raised: "You can be whatever you want, Lacey."
Thanks Mom!
Brad is late... I'm already on all that...
The personal collection includes thoughts on Taoism, Islam, Gnosticism, Judaism, Alchemy, Hinduism, Mythology, Christianity...........

Lastly, Domingo sent me this Youtube video (below) a few weeks ago, and I didn't get a chance to watch it until today. Someone told me it's from the movie Zeitgeist. If you have an open mind and you're hungry, it should certainly give you food for thought:

No comments: