Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Don't Fear Nothing But God And Weddings


...and the government!!!

Why are we in Iraq again? Oh yeah, because "they" (Iraqis) allegedly had something to do with 9/11. Well, kinda/not-really. But since "they" pray to a different dude than many Americans, we were easily swayed by the fear of what we didn't understand. Ugh.

My mom is in Iraq right now. She's a photo-journalist and has been there a few times since the war started, this time around in a benign part of the country- Thank God. She sent me an email on the Iraqi football team winning some game, and said that U.S. soldiers are celebrating alongside the Iraqi people:

Not to say it's all sunshine and cupcakes over there, but I think Uncle Sam wants us to think it's worse than it really is (for obvious "us vs. them" reasons... SMH). Meanwhile, fear of "the other" will continue to divide us unless we start paying attention.

Speaking of which, I saw a link on Mr. Brink's away message today regarding 9/11 being a premeditated, inside demolition job. If you're still confused and bewildered like me, you should definitely check it out HERE. I also mentioned the movie ZEITGEIST a few weeks ago, and that same demolition argument was discussed too. Hmm.

Another gem from my mother- This ARTICLE is about a wedding in Newburgh that turned into a 100-person bloody brawl. And the fact that I was born in Newburgh makes it EVEN better!

Both pieces of news from my mom were pretty random, but yet a Wayne line was able to capture them perfectly.

Listen to "Hardbody" at 2:12 and you'll know what I mean :)

No comments: