Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Want a Sunburn... Just To Know That I'm Alive


Being that he's from The Bay, Mr. Jones asked me to post this video of The San Francisco Anthem.


YES, I'm aware that the song has been his Myspace song for months. NO, I didn't know what "hyphy" looked like until 2 weeks ago when Wentworth (my friend and Cali immigrant from home) demonstrated it for me. She did her thing too, but that's because she's "got soul." 



Also from the sunny state of California, allow me to introduce Thriving Ivory...


The song is "Angels on the Moon."

I'm not really into the video,
but the lead singer is dreamy 
and the record is strooong!
They came in to perform for us,
and his voice is amazing.
You Oughta Know about them ;)




And lastly, Sam Sparro is blowing up on iTunes in the UK. I'm not surprised... his sound is similar to other funky, electronic-sounding contemporary artists emerging from Europe. He's a little metro, so please try to see past that in his video for 
I gave the album a whirl, and it's pretty sick. Trust me, the United Kingdom and I wouldn't steer you in the wrong direction!

No comments: