Sunday, June 1, 2008

Let The Beat Build

A lot of people have been really supportive with this BLOG thing lately...
Milly. Sean. Jen. Joso. Derek. Sara. Malcolm.
Thank you all.

Unfortunately, I've also been told that I post about Wayne too much.
I heard the same rubbish last year when I posted on Lupe a lot prior to his release date. But if you think 4 posts (out of 20) is too much Wayne, then you're probably ignoring the most anticipated hip hop album this year. And quite frankly, I'm SICK & TIRED of defending Wayne's talent to blind attackers. You people haven't even listened to him enough to judge!

I literally pulled out my ipod at the bar the other night and FORCED a backpack-loving dude to listen to "Fly In" (off Tha Carter II) just to prove to him that Wayne wasn't complete garbage. Because Wayne is NOT garbage!

He's on his way to being considered one of the best ever. Starpower, charisma - whatever you want to call it; he's got it. That said, I'm not going to review his album. I don't need to. It's FIRE and hopefully it will calm the non-believers down for a while. Most likely not though, because people who dislike him are dedicated.
I know this because I used to be one of those people.
But because Wayne is powerful, I was eventually converted...
and the AIM excerpt below - if you choose to read it - will illustrate that power.
I love it when things come FULL CIRCLE:

cani8a: when i found out he could spit about something serious or introspective

Zilla: yessss

Zilla: he can do bothhh

Zilla: but ppl who gave up and judged never found that

cani8a: wooord

Zilla: i knew wayne had that starpower when he was young, but i didnt take him seriusly as am mc

Zilla: my brother had to literally force it on me

cani8a: yeah me neither honestly lol

Zilla: literally tho

Zilla: sit down. listen.

Zilla: "you're being judgemental" - and i was

cani8a: hah

cani8a: an anti-wayne intervention

Zilla: yes.

Zilla: i was converted to wayneism

cani8a: i feel u

cani8a: haha wooord

cani8a: i was speaking on this with Jenn P****** last night, this n*gga wayne has changed my approach to relationships.

Zilla: please elaborate

cani8a: i mean how many rappers can change how a dude approaches relationships in a GOOD way lol

cani8a: in regards to the question you asked

cani8a: on that "ask weezy" joint

Zilla: promiscuity

cani8a: yeaaaaah!

Zilla: thats amazing

cani8a: that shit is just rooted in insecurity

cani8a: aka "lil d*ck *****" syndrome

cani8a: lol

Zilla: and its culturally ingrained!

Zilla: not to give more excuses, but most religions advocate a clean submissive woman

cani8a: i'll be the first to admit there is a double standard

cani8a: cause men protect this insecurity

cani8a: nah i dont think thats an excuse at all

Zilla: im glad you realized that shit within yourself

cani8a: hell yeah

cani8a: it was a big day lol

Zilla: bc i didnt even think about the male perspective

Zilla: i think about it like "they all want virgins"

cani8a: i wouldnt go as far as to say wayne taught me that

cani8a: but he helped me see it objectively

Zilla: yeah... he was the catalyst

cani8a: i'll give him that lol

cani8a: and that track "prostitute flange"

cani8a: i dont like his flow on it

cani8a: but lyric-wise

cani8a: he just shitted on decades of lil d*ck dudes waaa-ing

Zilla: yeah. that song is waynes opinion on promiscuity put overtly, but there are so many other songs of his that refer to that not being a big deal for him

Zilla: but that was a huge thing to me

cani8a: woord

cani8a: i mean cause i've been on some "i'm never gonna talk to you again degrassi high school" shit before

Zilla: under what context tho

cani8a: because a girl i was crazy about had relations or something along those lines with a dude that we both know

Zilla: right. so she's rendered impure

cani8a: yeah honestly

cani8a: im almost reluctant to admit that

cani8a: but its the truth

cani8a: she fell from grace

cani8a: but then i started thinking objectively about who she is to me

cani8a: beyond all that

cani8a: and now i don't care if she's a prostitute.... lol

cani8a: cause what im focused on is that sincere ride or die chick


Thanks to J.D. at Hip Hop Update
for posting the Ask Weezy content, and for giving me a nod on his blog :)

And FYI, people have been hitting me randomly all day discussing C3...
It's NOT just me:

bbrandzz: my favorite track is let the beat build

bbrandzz: good nite




No comments: