Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Dont' Want To Be The One... Only Overjoyed

The Ting Tings are a spunky duo from the UK, and quite frankly, you have to see them live. I did - last week at Bowery. Jules De Martino (drums, guitar, vocals) and Katie White (vocals, guitar, bass drum) rule for different reasons. Maybe because they're both so ridiculously cool?




Performing the song that first caught my ear, "That's Not My Name":


Performing their iTunes ad record, "Shut Up And Let Me Go":


At about 2 minutes in, they'll show you why they're so COOL...
the drums, the drums, the drums, the drums.

Just when you think they can only do upbeat records, Katie slows it down and shows off her voice on "Traffic Light."

And somewhere happily in between is
...one of my favorite tracks on their album, We Started Nothing.

PS- I love her.

No comments: