Friday, June 13, 2008

Would You Love Me? Unconditionally?

Lots of music this week... 
I went to see Adele at Highline on Wednesday night. She killed it:
Performing "Crazy For You"

Performing "Chasing Pavements." Crazy goosebumps at 3:20!


Governor was at SOBs on Thursday, and since he was always one of my favorite Atlantic artists, you know I had to go check him.



Talented as ever. Handsome as ever. Thanks to Credle for coming!

Featuring Governor, "Hello" was a record on T.I.'s KING album:

And "Forgive Me" was off of Governor's own Son of Pain album:

I was listening to Son of Pain while trying to relax on the beach a few years ago. Just as I started to drift off to sleep, the lyrics from "Forgive Me" jumped out of my ipod and woke me up. It was then, in that moment, that I had a necessary, cliche epiphany. I realized: Changing a man is impossible. And it was Governor's candid descriptions that helped me see that.
So I got to thinking... If you're with someone and you love them, you probably shouldn't want to change them in the first place. Right? Because you adore them for who they are, as they are. Helping them to grow and evolve is one thing, but changing them is quite another...

No comments: