Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bout To Turn Drive-Bys Revolutionary

This is a music blog, and the following is old news, but if you know me, you know that sometimes I have to go out-of-pocket. I was too busy to post about it before I left for the weekend, but here's footage of Esmin Green, the woman who got checked in to the psych ward at Kings County Hospital, and died while waiting 24 hours: 

"Miss Green, a Jamaican, had been brought to the hospital on the morning of June 18 suffering from "agitation" and psychosis. 
She was left in the Emergency Room supposedly under supervision waiting for a bed in the inpatient unit to become available. Nearly 24 hours later, she was found unresponsive on the floor."
Thankfully, the hospital chief responded correctly, took the L, and isn't being defensive about it. But FYI: I'd love to know what they mean by "agitation," and I definitely want to hear the coroner's report! There's too much backstory missing here...

Through the process of my surgery last September, I learned a lot about how shitty our healthcare system is. Now, just imagine how bad it is for people who aren't well mentally!? In many cases, they can't stick up for themselves, complain, or in Ms. Green's case, even get a bed in the hospital before dying. The system is so fucked up, it's absurd. Speaking of which...

I also want to know what happened to this guy:
"A man arrested in the hit-and-run death of a police officer was found strangled in his cell, and investigators focused Tuesday on guards at the suburban Maryland jail, which has a history of security lapses."
Please read the full article HERE, but seriously... dude gets merked by the cops before he even gets in front of a judge?! I'm not defending him if he was guilty, but c'mon! And you probably didn't hear about it, because it never made national news. Thanks to Mjeema (DC born and bred) for the article... XO
We need a Hero...

 I don't love the video... 
The song is so vibrant, I was expecting something epic, and um, less "dark."

No comments: