Saturday, July 26, 2008

Wrote My Initials With The Crobar



Jazmine Sullivan's performance in the office 2 weeks ago knocked my socks off. She really feels the lyrics as she belts them out. And besides, when I told her "Your voice is beautful," she told me, "Your hair is beautiful." I may have blushed :) Pause.
Teema and I were addicted to the snippet for a while, but WOW... enjoy all of it.





I first discovered Lloyd in 2004 while I was interning at Atlantic. Something about his voice (maybe because he can sound like Michael?) really captured me, so I took the time to live with Southside, and wound-up loving it. So when Street Love dropped last year, I spent time with that record as well. Naturally, I had to carry on tradition with Lessons in Love, and it didn't disappoint me. I like a lot of the tracks, but this might be my favorite:

LISTEN: "I'm Wit It"


This is old news, 
but I can't get Radiohead's "House Of Cards" out of my brain:

On top of that, the video was made in such an unconventional fashion, I'm forced to post it. They apparently used lasers, and Pitchfork did a great job explaining how it all worked.



Kenna added a picture to his MySpace page. I know, it's not really news, but..... oww. I guess I'll give you a song of his to go with the rest of today's layout. This is a great track off Make Sure They See My Face...







Before I even read Luis's explanation for it, I played Britney's new song that he posted on PMA. Even though it was "strikingly similar" in content to Madonna's "She's Not Me," I thought it was actually better than Madge's and said to myself:  "this is how Britney should sound." After I heard it, I realized that Luis had made the same comments in the caption. Love that.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will not approve on it. I think nice post. Expressly the designation attracted me to read the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I assent to but I about the collection should acquire more info then it has.