Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Walk The Streets And Camouflage My Identity

A friend starting calling me "LaceZilla" about a year ago. We have since fallen out of touch, so I've been questioning whether or not to change my blogging identity. Do I keep the name that was bestowed upon me, or do some soul searching to find my own, new alias? Like in The NeverEnding Story, am I the empress in need of a new name?

I'm a renaissance woman, so of course I'm open to a little rebirth... but at the same time, I think Zilla really suits me. So while I'm on this quest to figure out what Zilla means (in reality, and to me), I'm discovering all these connections to the meanings that it has...

1954 Godzilla original movie poster:

RARRR! I'm a monsterrrrrrrr

-Zilla is also a Hebrew girl's name, meaning Shadow. (For my first daughter when Verse and I go half on a baby?)

-Zilla Myagroides is an Egyptian plant that grows in the desert:
Zil"la\, n. (Bot.) A low, thorny, suffrutescent, crucifeous plant (Zilla myagroides) found in the deserts of Egypt. Its leaves are boiled in water, and eaten, by the Arabs. LOL at "the Arabs."


Meanwhile, there are other bloggers who share mine or similar namesakes:
Blogxilla
ZillaSays

And of course, there's a European electronica/hip hop/experimental artist:
Zilla's Myspace

To make matters worse, Sickamore called me MF Lacey the other day... implying that much like MF Doom hides behind his mask, my blogging butt hides behind the mask of my dinosaur mascot. It was kind of funny, because I always admired what Doom does and saw it as something I'd want to do if I accidentally fell into the spotlight. Is that bad, though? Am I hiding something, or do I just appreciate my privacy?

No comments: