Friday, July 11, 2008

We Go Against Everything We Used To Stand For

I wasn't going to get on the bandwagon, but both of these are really incredible:

On these tracks, Professor Budden exhausts every theory out there in attempt to pinpoint where hip hop has gone wrong. Is it dead? Can we bring it back to life? Who's to blame? The music industry criticism is thrown in your face, and the shots fired leave a serious residue on all of our hands. He says everything I've always thought and/or wanted to say, but never quite could. Yet, ironically, while listing all the potential culprits, I think he's really just asking us to dismiss blame and look at the bigger picture...

Where do we go from here?

"If everything's commercial, where the f*ck's the show?"

And I know I'm also late on this, but the only thing I get from Jesse Jackson's comments about Barack Obama is that Messy Uncle Jesse is mad it's not him in that historical spot. I mean... maybe I'm reading too much into it, but even if his point has some validity, that aggressive stance stems from nothing but envy...

Okay, carry on...

No comments: