Monday, July 7, 2008

Try Not To Worry About What's Being Missed

Bloc Party has a new single (and video!):

LOL @ "I'm sitting in SoHo trying to stay drunk."
Can't wait to see them perform "Mercury"
at Lollapalooza.

Rolling Stone's Claire Hoffman interviewed Amy Winehouse.
"I'd spent half the night outside her apartment, hoping for an interview — Winehouse had, much to my surprise, opened the door and invited me in for beer. Since then, Winehouse has been puttering around her house in varying states of consciousness, disappearing every half an hour or so upstairs to her bedroom and returning to talk to me a little about her music, a little about her drugs and a lot about her imprisoned husband. Through it all, she's an attentive and open hostess, boiling me tea and giving me extra slips of paper to take notes."
Read the full article HERE. It's amazing, and I insist.

The Chemical Brothers have a new record, "Midnight Madness":




Their music always coincided with really interesting moments in time for me, and in turn, has come to literally symbolize certain memories. Like how I first heard "Galvanize" while studying abroad in Florence, and then proceeded to hear it in every European country I visited on weekends.

I got last minute tickets to see 50 Cent and G-Unit at Nokia last week,
so even though I had mentally given up on going, I couldn't miss it:

The piece of my heart that 50 owned in 2003
fluttered at 1:45, and that flutter then eclipsed at 2:05... oww.

Heidi Montag from The Hills is making music.
The song doesn't suck, which was a HUGE disappointment.
Listen to "One More Drink" if you're bored,
and sorry if I offended you by even sharing...
saraisatworknow: don't ever send me heidi montag again! haha

J.D. at Hip Hop Update posted almost all the Nas tracks in one place.
Get them HERE, and then go thank him.

NY Magazine did an article on my boys MGMT. You can read it HERE.
Thanks to S Dot for the link, and also for bringing Cut Copy into my life:

Formulating my sales pitch for why you should give this group a try is leaving me at a loss for words. I mean... they're just cool, and the video for "Hearts On Fire" is the most creative that you will watch all day, I promise!

And last, but certainly not least,
Thanks to the hat collector for making my day.

That's right, your favorite blogger's favorite blogger gave Zilla a very big nod today.
But unlike him, I have no desire to be famous.
I'm more of a behind the scenes/lens/blog kinda girl ;)

No comments: