Tuesday, July 22, 2008

When I Arrive, I Bring The Fire


Gabriella Cilmi has a big voice for a 16-year-old Australian.
Her song "Sweet About Me" is already sassy, but the video makes it even better...
Apparently she's doing really well overseas... we'll see how it goes over here.


I caught Matt Pinfield's show this morning on 101.9 RXP. He was interviewing Chris Cornell (formerly of Soundgarden and Audioslave - remember "Black Hole Sun" back when MTV was great?)
You've probably heard that Chris is now making music with Timbaland. If you want to wrap your mind around it, the tracks are up on RXP's website. I think I'm going to like the album, but I can't decide if the dude is selling out on his roots, or just pulling a Madonna to keep up with the kids...




is a new artist off Cash Money/Universal Republic.

His record with Lil' Wayne is called "Let It Rock" - you can listen to it HERE. It's pretty wavy for pure pop, and since his resume is solid, I think he might hit us with some fire.




I was sick all weekend, so I missed Santogold and Kid Cudi at Summerstage :( Since I couldn't produce on my own, here's someone else's footage that I scraped off Youtube:



In more recent news, The Sun (UK) reported on Blake's sentence:

Everyone wonders why Amy Winehouse is destroying herself... but it's pretty clear to me. Look what LOVE does to people!!!
And now that she doesn't have him, she's even more of a mess... SMH.


I couldn't have dreamt this one up...
My live show wet dream of 2008 arrives on Sunday:
MGMT and The Ting Tings at McCarren Park Pool!

This sweet BK venue is where I first saw Bloc Party a few years ago :)


But on a more serious note...
Tomorrow at 2pm, NaS is joining MoveOn.org and ColorOfChange.org
in submitting a petition to FOX, asking them to STOP their racist propaganda.
I hope it goes well. I'm sure the counter-attack will be interesting...

1 comment:

Sickamore said...

if there's lessons to be leaarrrrneddd