Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lavish Life Might Be Delicious, But Not Particularly Nutritious

Since I transpose numbers, I read my flight time as 8:52 when it was really 8:25 this morning.  My brain tricked me into thinking that I could take my time and get some grub, so when I arrived to see my gate empty, I knew I must have missed my flight. Of course, they made me pay a stupidity fine (change fee) of $100, but I got lucky, and was put on the first flight out tomorrow morning.

But I'm not the only person who had a rough morning... my whole posse caught it in one way or another: Lis missed her bus from Houston to New Orleans and has to take another one later on. Boz (who was supposed to arrive last), will now get to the hotel first tonight, but not before she has to change planes and airports in DC - something she didn't realize until today. Oh yeah- she also left her blackberry at home and had to go back for it...
I've struggled with numbers my whole life, but never missed a flight before. I'm forced to look at the bright side: Maybe I wasn't supposed to go to New Orleans today. Maybe I was supposed to blog instead. And besides, once the girls and I are united tomorrow, I'm sure we'll have some daquiries and forget all about today's chaos. 

Party On, Wayne. 
Let's put this "Hot Mess" behind us...
(Sam Sparro singing "Hot Mess" live)

You can also listen to the real track HERE.

No comments: