Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'd Rather Laugh With The Sinners Than Cry With The Saints

I went to Billy Joel's last concert at Shea on Friday night.
My footage kind of sucks, but I try!

"Only The Good Die Young" was a really amazing song to me when I younger... my aunt Virgina passed away before I was born, so the fact that he's singing to a "Virginia" always made it crazy and personal for me...


For "New York State of Mind," he brought out Tony Bennett:

Steven Tyler made an appearance:


Roger Daltrey of The Who (will post footage later)

And although Billy always closes with "Piano Man":


This time, he let Sir Paul McCartney close the show...


I wasn't really raised on The Beatles (or The Who for that matter)... I was more of an Eric Clapton/Zeppelin/Crosby, Stills & Nash/Janis Joplin girl. That said, I don't think I ever expected to see Paul McCartney live... But I'm not mad that it happened. And I also got "The Entertainer" footage... HERE.

Read the AP article on the show HERE.

1 comment:

J.D. said...

im jealous...must have been great to be there